Today’s Episode is based off Esther 1-10 in the Bible
“God created me for a purpose”
Memorize this together as a family this week!
“I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me.”
Psalm 57:2 (NLT)
ACTIVITY: PLAYING WITH A PURPOSE
How to play.
Whiteboard and marker
A small ball – Rubber ball
Write the following on the board
- Shout SuperTruth
Today, we are going to explore the Superbook story by playing a game with different roles. Based on our story today, God placed Esther in the right place at the right time to do what He called her to do. In our game, children will play four different positions and each position has a different task or purpose. So, you must be careful to perform the right task, at the right time, in the right place and as quickly as possible! Parents can play along if necessary to complete the team.
Have the children to line up in rows – see illustration, with about 6-8 feet between each child. Give a ball to the first player and use the board to explain each child’s purpose for each position.
- Player 1 throws the ball to Player 2
- Player 2 catches the ball and rolls it to Player 3
- Player 3 catches the ball and bounces to Player 4
- Player 4 catches the ball and shouts the SuperTruth
Everyone rotates positions, with Player 4 carrying the ball to stand where Player 1 was. Continue playing until all children has been in each position.
Was it difficult to remember the purpose for each position? God created us for a purpose, and He wants to use us in different places at different times! Let’s learn more about our purpose now!
- Should we dislike people just because they act or look different than we do? (Read 1 Samuel 16:7)
- What happens when people pray? (Read Matthew 21:22)
- One person can make a big difference! What happened when Joy told the club she wanted the new girl to join? Instead of fearing people, what should we do? (Read Proverbs 29:25)
- Has God put you in a place where you can help others by doing the right things? (Read Philippians 4:13)
PRAY: Dear God, You are the King of kings and Lord of lords, and Your plans are always best. Help me follow the wonderful path that You have for my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.