Today’s Episode is based off Job 1-42 in the Bible
“God is always with me”
Memorize this together as a family this week!
“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NKJV)
ACTIVITY: A UNIQUE BASKETBALL GAME
How to play.
- Four pieces of paper
- Two boxes or any container to be used as a basketball basket/hoop
- Two small balls that easily fit into the containers
- Masking tape
Refer to illustration:
- Place baskets in the middle of the room
- Mark a shooting line about 6 to 8 feet from the baskets. Consider making two lines, with the closer one for smaller children
- Write one phrase on each of the sheet of paper: 1. When I feel afraid… When I feel unsure…3. When I feel alone… 4. When I feel sad…
- Tape the four signs to the floor or lean them against a wall or walls with several feet between them – refer to drawing
Our SuperTruth tells us ‘God is always with me’. Let’s say that together because we will need to say it during the game! Is God only with us when we feel happy and safe? (No)
God is with us even when we face difficult times! (Walk around the room, pointing to and reading each sign, having the children repeats the SuperTruth after each one)
- When I feel afraid…God is always with me!
- When I feel unsure…God is always with me!
- When I feel alone…God is always with me!
- When I feel sad…God is always with me!
Have the children form a single-file line a few feet behind the shooting line. Parents will stand behind the baskets to retrieve the balls and roll or toss them back to the shooters.
The object of the game is to travel through the entire course and shout what is on Signs 1 through 4, plus the SuperTruth, as you get to each one. This sounds easy, right? Well, hold on, the only way you can move from one sign to the next is when the other child makes a basket!
Hand a ball to the first player to stand at the shooting line. Then the other child will stand at the starting line. Let’s start the game!
Children will try to shoot the ball into their basket. Each time a basket is made, the other players advances to a sign and shouts what it says, then adds the SuperTruth. When children reach the fourth sign, they shout what it says, and then both the shooter and the other child walk quickly to the end of the line.
Immediately, the next children will take their positions, one at the shooting line and another one at starting line.
Note: A shooter must make a total of four baskets to advance their teammate around the course and home. If a shooter is having difficulty getting the ball into the basket, allow him/her to stand closer to the basket. Play another round, with all children reversing roles.
Wow, good job everyone! It’s comforting to know we can face any problem because God is always with us!
- How do you feel about taking long, hard tests? What does the Bible say we should think about when our faith is tested? (Read James 1:2-4)
- Have you ever had trouble understanding why something bad happened? Do you think God can use even the hardest, saddest things for His purpose? (Read Romans 8:32)
- Jesus promises that even in the midst of problems, we can have peace and He tells us who will win in the end. Can you guess who that is? (Read John 16:33)
PRAY: Dear God, please fill us with Your wisdom, strength and perseverance whenever we face tests and trials so that we may please You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.