Today’s episode is based off of 1 Samuel 17 in the Bible.
“God will help me when I face giant problems.”
Memorize this together as a family this week!
“Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9b, NLT
ACTIVITY: FIVE SMOOTH STONES
How to play.
- Gather 8 smooth stones or cardboard cut to look like stones and a fine-tip permanent marker.
- Use the marker to write one word on each stone: “GOD HELPS ME FACE GIANTS”.
- Leave the three extra stones blank.
- Hide the stones in various places around your house.
Say: How many stones did David gather before he went out to meet Goliath? Five.
Today, we are going to hunt for five special stones, which I’ve hidden all around the house. I have also hidden some plain stones, too! When I say GO, you may begin looking. If you find one, pick it up and bring it back here. Once you have found all 8 stones we will take a look at them.
After all 8 stones have been found, work together as a family to unscramble the stones and put them in order. (GOD HELPS ME FACE GIANTS)
That reminds me of our SuperTruth: “God will help me when I face giant problems.”
- What do you think David was feeling as he faced Goliath with no other soldiers on the battlefield?
- Can you talk about some hard things that you are facing today?
- What are some ways God can help you with these problems?
PRAY: Dear Heavenly Father, whenever we face problems, help us remember that You are with us, giving us Your courage, wisdom and power. In Jesus’ name, Amen.